Folks,
I have a zpool with a raidz2 configuration which I've been switching between
two machines - an old one with a hardware problem and a new one, which
doesn't have hardware issues, but has a different configuration .   I've
been trying to import the pool on the new machine, so I can back up the
data, because the old (broken) machine resets (I don't think it's panicking,
because there are no logged messages) every time I try to tar off the data
from the ZFS.

 Unfortunately, the first time I tried to import the pool on the new
machine, I didn't have the right five drives in it, so it didn't work.
 After I figured out that I was confused about which was the boot drive, I
did get the five drives into the new machine and asked it to import the
pool.  It said that the pool could not be imported due to damaged devices or
data.   Which is slightly odd, since it had been mounting the pool fine on
the broken machine before.

I then moved the drives back into the old machine, figuring I'd at least
copy some small stuff onto a USB stick (it only dies reading large files,
apparently), but now the old machine can't mount the pool either, and asking
it to import gives the same message.   It shows all five drives online, but
says the pool is UNAVAIL due to insufficient replicas, and the  raidz2 is
UNAVAIL due to corrupted data.

Must I resign myself to having lost this pool due to the hardware problems
I've had, and restore such backups as I have on the new machine, or is there
something that can be done to get the pool back online at least in degraded
mode?

Thanks in advance,

--Terry.