On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 09:31:26AM -0800, Adam Leventhal wrote:
> > Is this software available for people who already have thumpers?
>
> We're considering offering an upgrade path for people with existing
> thumpers. Given the feedback we've been hearing, it seems very likely
> that we will. No word yet on pricing or availability.

Just to throw some ice-cold water on this:

  1.  It's highly unlikely that we will ever support the x4500 -- only the
      x4540 is a real possibility.

  2.  If we do make something available, your data and any custom
      software won't survive the journey:  you will be forced to
      fresh-install your x4540 with our stack.

  3.  If we do make something available, it will become an appliance:  you
      will permanently lose the ability to run your own apps on the x4540.

  4.  If we do make something available, it won't be free.

If you are willing/prepared(/eager?) to abide by these constraints, please
let us ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) know -- that will help us build the business
case for doing this...

        - Bryan