Matthew Ahrens wrote:
> Andreas Koppenhoefer wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> occasionally we got some solaris 10 server to panic in zfs code while doing
>> "zfs send -i [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED] | ssh remote zfs receive
>> poolname".
>> The race condition(s) get triggered by a broken data transmission or killing
>> sending zfs or ssh command.
>> The panic or hanging zfs commands occurs on receiving end.
>>

> I believe this should be fixed in OpenSolaris, but we'll verify it.  I
> recently changed the error handling code paths for zfs send/recv.

Matt,

Do you know if this is targeted for a Solaris 10 patch?  If this is the
same panic I managed to hit (see the thread "Possible ZFS panic on
Solaris 10 Update 6") it is a real show stopper.

Not only did it panic the system under "normal" use and require manual
intervention to bring it back, it also locked up ZFS commands on the
peer system, requiring a reboot to clear.

I don't dare risk replicating our users home directories with zfs
send/receive until this is addressed.

Thanks,

--
Ian.