On 11/23/08 12:14, Paweł Tęcza wrote:
As others here have said, just issue 'zfs list -t snapshot' if you
just want to see the snapshots, or 'zfs list -t all' to see both
filesystems and snapshots.

OK, I can use that, but my dreamed `zfs list` syntax is like below:

zfs list [all|snapshots]

zfs list:           displays all filesystems and snapshots too only if
                    "listsnaps=on"
zfs list all:       displays all filesystems and snapshots too even if
                    "listsnaps=off"
zfs list snapshots: displays all snapshots, without filesystems

Do you agree with me that it's simple and beautiful? ;)

Pawel,

With http://bugs.opensolaris.org/view_bug.do?bug_id=6734907 "zfs list -t all would be useful once snapshots are omitted by default",
the syntax of zfs list is very close to the one you have dreamed of:

zfs list [filesystem|volume|snapshot|all]

zfs list:               displays all filesystems and volumes
                       displays snapshots only if "listsnaps=on"

zfs list -t filesystem  displays all filesystems
                       does not display volumes or snapshots

zfs list -t volume      displays all volumes
                       does not display filesystems or snapshots

zfs list -t snapshot    displays all snapshots
                       does not display filesystems or volumes

zfs list -t all         displays all filesystems, volumes, and
                       snapshots (even if "listsnaps=off")

-- Rich

              • ... Paweł Tęcza
              • ... Richard Elling
              • ... Tim Foster
              • ... Paweł Tęcza
  • Re: [zfs-disc... Prabahar Jeyaram
    • Re: [zfs... Pawel Tecza
      • Re: ... Simon Breden
        • ... Paweł Tęcza
          • ... Paweł Tęcza
            • ... Simon Breden
          • ... Richard Morris - Sun Microsystems - Burlington United States
            • ... Paweł Tęcza
              • ... Richard Morris - Sun Microsystems - Burlington United States
              • ... Jens Elkner
              • ... Pawel Tecza
              • ... Paweł Tęcza