Nicolas Williams wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 07:55:14PM +0000, Ross Smith wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 7:11 PM, Nicolas Williams
>> <nicolas.willi...@sun.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I was thinking more something like:
>>>
>>>  - find all disk devices and slices that have ZFS pools on them
>>>  - show users the devices and pool names (and UUIDs and device paths in
>>>   case of conflicts)..
>>>
>> I was thinking that device & pool names are too variable, you need to
>> be reading serial numbers or ID's from the device and link to that.
>>

> Device names are, but there's no harm in showing them if there's
> something else that's less variable.  Pool names are not very variable
> at all.

I was thinking of something a little different.  Don't worry about
devices, because you don't send to a device (rather, send to a pool).
So a simple list of source file systems and a list of destinations
would do.  I suppose you could work up something with pictures
and arrows, like Nautilus, but that might just be more confusing
than useful.

But that is the easy part.  The hard part is dealing with the plethora
of failure modes...
 -- richard