On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 6:55 PM, Elaine Ashton <elaine.ash...@sun.com> wrote:

> On Jan 5, 2009, at 9:33 PM, LEES, Cooper wrote:
>
>> Elaine,
>>
>> Very bizarre problem you're having. I have no problems on either of
>> my x4500s. One on 10u6 and one on indiana snv_101b_rc2.
>
> I agree, which is why I was hoping someone might know what the deal is.
>
> Just a straight 'hd' takes over a minute and a half. The real killer
> is "/opt/SUNWhd/hd/bin/hdadm write_cache display all" which displays
> all the write_cache states for each drive. This takes hours. How long
> does that take on your 101b system? I swear, something must be
> terribly amiss with this box, but I'm just not sure where to start
> looking.
>
> e.

I'd suggest opening a case with Sun.... but you ARE Sun  ;p
The 'hd' tools don't even work on the X4540's, and even the ILOM
webgui doesn't show the drive as even being installed (yet, I had 48,
1TB drives all working fine).
So, at least you're able to see your drives... sorta.
I -wish- I could see my drives cache status, state, FRU, etc...    :(

--
Brent Jones
br...@servuhome.net