Tried with my own 8GB DOM first (with different OS'es) but could only make
some linux working (bootdriver) so i went for a usb memory stick based solution.

I just added a serial console cable with a db9 connector on one side which fits
nicely in the back of the box and setup the bios to do console redirection.

Since this was my first contact with OSOL I didnt know how to install it
directly
in that box without gui and did it on another pc onto a usb stick and moved it
over after setup.

Tried to attach a second usb memory stick but zfs gave me tons of errors during
resilvering and ended with a corrupted filesystem. So I'm running it with a
single
usb stick which works great.

Now I run the box with 4*1TB Sata (Samsung F1) in a raidz config with 2 GB ram
and a 2 Ghz Celeron, with native cifs (performance ok) and look currently at
iscsi but i cannot reach the same performance as cifs (mtu 9k, nagle off).

Still open is the failing attach/resilver of the boot usb stick and a working
dlna/upnp mediaserver.