Nikhil,

Comments inline...

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 02:09:16PM +0530, Nikhil wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am running a Solaris 10 box on a v20z with 11/06 release. It has got ZFS
> pool configured on S1 storage box with 3 146gb disks (it has got lot of
> data)
> I am planning to upgrade the machine to the new hardware with the new
> Solaris 10  release of 8/07 and to the new hardware of X2200M2.
>
> I am wondering will there be any thing that I need to take care of before
> putting the S1 storage box onto the new hardware X2200 pulling from the old
> hardware, meaningly do I need to sync any data before the switch of the
> system to the new hardware (essentially switch of the storage to be plugged
> to the new hardware).
>
> Do I need to do any kind of sync of zfs metadata?

So, from what I understand you have the entire pool built out of disks
from the same S1 box. In that case all you need to do is :
- Export the pool on the old box : zpool export <poolname>
- Connect the S1 to the new machine
- Import the pool : zpool import <poolname>

Hope that helps.

Thanks and regards,
Sanjeev