That sounds like a great idea if I can get it to work--

I get how to add a drive to a zfs mirror, but for the life of me I can't find
out how to safely remove a drive from a mirror.

Also, if I do remove the drive from the mirror, then pop it back up in some
unsuspecting (and unrelated) Solaris box, will it just see a drive with a pool
on it and let me mount it up?  What about when I pop in the drive to be
resilvered, but right before I add it back to the mirror, will Solaris get
upset that I have two drives both with the same pool name?