Actually, the issue seems to be more than what I described below.  I cannot
seemingly issue any zfs or zpool commands short of just zpool status -x ,
giving a 'healthy' status.  If I do zpool status , I get the following:

r...@ec1-nas1# zpool status
  pool: nasPool
 state: ONLINE
 scrub: none requested

But then it freezes there.  This used to return fairly quickly.  Where can I go
to see what might be causing this?   I see nothing in the message logs.

-thx