On Mon, 09 Feb 2009 01:46:01 PST
"D. Eckert" <cont...@desystems.cc> wrote:

> after working for 1 month with ZFS on 2 external USB drives I have
> experienced, that the all new zfs filesystem is the most unreliable
> FS I have ever seen.
>
> Since working with the zfs, I have lost datas from:
>
> 1 80 GB external Drive
> 1 1 Terrabyte external Drive
>
> It is a shame, that zfs has no filesystem management tools for
> repairing e. g. being able to repair those errors:
>
>        NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
>         usbhdd1     ONLINE       0     0     8
>           c3t0d0s0  ONLINE       0     0     8
>
> errors: Permanent errors have been detected in the following files:
>
>         usbhdd1: 0x0

What filesystem likes it when disks are pulled out from a LIVE
filesystem? Try that on UFS and you're f** up too.

You problem is that you have not read the manual well!
Using the wrong command gets you into trouble. Soi.

Maybe zpool export/import does what you want?

--
Dick Hoogendijk -- PGP/GnuPG key: 01D2433D
+ http://nagual.nl/ | SunOS sxce snv105 ++