Peter Schuller wrote:
> It would actually be nice in general I think, not just for ZFS, to
> have some standard "run this tool" that will give you a check list of
> successes/failures that specifically target storage
> correctness. Though correctness cannot be proven, you can at least
> test for common cases of systematic incorrect behavior.

A tiny niggle: for an operation set of moderate size, you can
generate an exhaustive set of tests.  I've done so for APIs,
but unless you have infinite spare time, you want to
generate the test set with a tool (;-))

--dave (who hasn't even Copious Spare Time, much less Infinite) c-b
--
David Collier-Brown            | Always do right. This will gratify
Sun Microsystems, Toronto      | some people and astonish the rest