bfrie...@simple.dallas.tx.us said:
> A 12-disk pool that I built a year ago is still working fine with  absolutely
> no problems at all.  Another two disk pool built using  cheap large USB
> drives has been running for maybe eight months, with  no problems.

We have non-redundant ZFS pools on an HDS 9520V array, and also a Sun 6120
array, some of them running for two years now (S10U3, S10U4, S10U5, both
SPARC and x86), up to 4TB in size.  We have experienced SAN zoning mistakes,
complete power loss to arrays, servers, and/or SAN switches, etc., with no
pool corruption or data loss.  We have not even seen one block checksum
error detected by ZFS on these arrays (we have seen one such error on our
X4500 in the past 6 months).

Note that the only available pool failure mode in the presence of a SAN
I/O error for these OS's has been to panic/reboot, but so far when the
systems have come back, data has been fine.  We also do tape backups
of these pools, of course.

Regards,

--
Marion Hakanson <hakan...@ohsu.edu>