On Wed, Mar 04, 2009 at 10:59:04AM +1100, Julius Roberts wrote:

> > However I would expect that if you could present 8 raid0 luns to
> > the host then that should be at least a decent config to start
> > using for ZFS.
>
> I can confirm that we are doing that here (with 3 drives) and it's
> been fine for almost a year now.

Jules, (or anyone who knows the answer)

Even though it probably really doesn't matter since you only have a single
disk in each raid0, what did you set the PERC's "stripe" size to?  (I can't
think of what terminology is actually used for it and don't have a PERC in
front of me to check on currently) I've got two raid0 volumes with two disks
in each, and I was wondering what stripe width at the hardware level would
work best with ZFS.

Thanks!

-brian
--
"Coding in C is like sending a 3 year old to do groceries. You gotta
tell them exactly what you want or you'll end up with a cupboard full of