On Wed, March 4, 2009 15:13, Lisa Week wrote:

> Does anyone have insight into any known
> problems it may cause to add the "type" property to the default output
> or why it was left out in the first place?

The obvious problem that always comes up in this situation is existing
scripts that parse the output.  I'm writing several myself, but using -H
where available.  And where -H is available, I think you should feel free
to change the default output when -H is not present, on the grounds that
scripts parsing output SHOULD use -H.  In my own scripts, I often use -o
to specify the output even if it's default or very close to default, as
defense against default output changing on me.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, d...@dd-b.net; http://dd-b.net/
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info