Can someone point me to a document describing how available space in a
zfs is calculated or review the data below and tell me what I'm
missing?

Thanks in advance,
-Brent
===
I have a home project with 3x250 GB+3x300 GB in raidz, so I expect to
lose 1x300 GB to parity.

Total size:1650GB
Total size using 1024 to measure: ~1534 GB

Expected raidz zpool size after losing 300 GB to parity: ~1350 GB
Expected raidz zpool size using 1024 to measure: ~1255.5 GB

Actual zpool size: 1.36T

Single zfs on the pool - available size: 1.11T

I realize zfs is going to have some overhead but 250 GB seems a little
excessive...right? I thought maybe the zpool was showing all 6 disks and
the filesystem reflected the remaining space after discounting the
parity disk but that doesn't add up in a way that makes sense either
(see above). Can someone help explain these numbers?

Thanks,
-Brent

--
Brent Wagner