On Thu, 9 Apr 2009, shyamali.chakrava...@sun.com wrote:

Hi All,

I have corefile where we see NULL pointer de-reference PANIC as we have sent (deliberately) NULL pointer for return value.

vdev_disk_io_start()
               error = ldi_ioctl(dvd->vd_lh, zio->io_cmd,
                          (uintptr_t)&zio->io_dk_callback,
                          FKIOCTL, kcred, NULL);

Note that it's not just in vdev_disk_io_start() that we pass NULL. It's everywhere - there are four calls in vdev_disk.c to ldi_ioctl, and they all pass NULL.

ldi_ioctl() expects last parameter as an integer pointer ( int *rvalp). I see that in strdoictl().

I'm curious about your configuration. What is the setup you've got that is going through stream i/o?

Regards,
markm