On Tue, 19 May 2009, Dave wrote:

> If you don't have mirrored slogs and the slog fails, you may lose any
> data that was in a txg group waiting to be committed to the main pool
> vdevs - you will never know if you lost any data or not.

True; but from what I understand the failure rate of SSD's is so low it's
not worth mirroring them. My main issue is that we're considering dropping
an SSD into an x4500, which is not an officially supported configuration
and I'd like an easy way to back out of it if it becomes an issue.

> I think this thread is the latest discussion about slogs and their
> behavior:
>
> https://opensolaris.org/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=102392&tstart=0

Yah,  that's my thread too :).

--