On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 5:11 PM, Anil Gulecha <anil.ve...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Bogdan,
>
> Which particular packages were these? RC3 is quite stable, and all
> server packages are solid. If you do face issues with a particular
> one, we'd appreciate a bug report. All information on this is
> helpful..

Well, I don't really remember exactly, because I've tried it so many
times and got so many issues in various places. I just had issues
everywhere: X11 (you do not need it, but still), updates, versions
etc. Very, very unstable and scary distro yet for me. I believe idea
is really brilliant and I love Nexenta in general. Just still very
buggy and seems like not very dynamic development so far: some bugs
persists for quite long time.

There is also Milax — you can try look at that stuff as well. Pretty
much nice and clean (so far). However, I prefer go with "real stuff" —
OpenSolaris itself. It is very classic, sometimes too much
conservative and IPS could have dependency resolver (when building an
OS distro) and overall mirroring support. But on the other hand, if
you want have something on a production, then I would not go
experiments, if I were you.

Hope this helps.

--
Kind regards, bm