On Fri, 2009-06-05 at 14:45 -0700, Brent Jones wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 2:28 PM, Mike La Spina <mike.lasp...@laspina.ca> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have replications between hosts and they are working fine with zfs
> > send/recv's after upgrading to Indiana snv_111b (2009.06).
> >
> > Have you run the commands manually to see any messages/prompts are
> > occurring?
> >
> > It sounds like its waiting for some input.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Mike
> >
> > http://blog.laspina.ca/
> > --
> > This message posted from opensolaris.org
> >

> If I power cycle the server, I can run the replication script manually.
> The script will go automatically again for another night or two,
> before hanging up.
> I've piped all output to a file, and there isn't any prompt for user
> input, and the zfs receive on the remote side is un-killable (and
> hangs the server when trying to restart).
>
> It appears to be the receiving end choking on a snapshot, and not
> allowing any more to run.
> Once one snapshot freezes, running another (for a different file
> system) zfs send/recv will just stall, with another un-killable zfs
> receive.

Is it the version of ZFS?   I think it was upgraded.  I noticed
something similar after upgrading ZFS on FreeBSD 7 STABLE.  I was trying
to zfs send my @Tuesday, and an automatic script ran (which deletes
@Tuesday and takes a new snap) - and rather than failing as I expected,
the destroy and snapshot commands hung around until the send was done
(hosed up my incrementals - doh :)

Rick