A couple questions out of pure curiosity.

Working on the assumption that you are going to be adding more drives to
your server, why not just add the new drives to the Supermicro
controller and keep the existing pool (well vdev) where it is?

Reading your blog, it seems that you need one (or two if you are
mirroring) SATA ports for your rpool.  Why not just migrate two drives
to the new controller and leave the others where they are?  OpenSolaris
won't card where the drives are physically connected as long as you
export/import.

-Jebnor

--
Louis-Frédéric Feuillette <jeb...@gmail.com>