Hua-Ying,

The partition table *is* confusing so don't try to make sense of it. :-)

Partition or slice 2 represents the entire disk, cylinders 0-24317.
You created slice 0, which is cylinders 1-24316. Slice 8 is a reserved,
legacy area for boot info on some x86 systems. You can ignore it.

Looks like a reasonable partition setup to me.

As long as the partition tables for your c3d0 and c3d1 disks are similar you should be able to attach the disk, like this:

# zpool attach rpool c3d0s0 c3d1s0

Don't forget to add the bootblocks to c3d1s0 as described in the
troubleshooting wiki.

Cindy

Hua-Ying Ling wrote:
I'm confused by the output of the partition command, this is the
partition table created by the installer:

current partition table (original):
Total disk cylinders available: 24318 + 2 (reserved cylinders)

Part      Tag    Flag     Cylinders         Size            Blocks
  0       root    wm       1 - 24316      186.27GB    (24316/0/0) 390636540
  1 unassigned    wm       0                0         (0/0/0)             0
  2     backup    wu       0 - 24317      186.29GB    (24318/0/0) 390668670
  3 unassigned    wm       0                0         (0/0/0)             0
  4 unassigned    wm       0                0         (0/0/0)             0
  5 unassigned    wm       0                0         (0/0/0)             0
  6 unassigned    wm       0                0         (0/0/0)             0
  7 unassigned    wm       0                0         (0/0/0)             0
  8       boot    wu       0 -     0        7.84MB    (1/0/0)         16065
  9 unassigned    wm       0                0         (0/0/0)             0

It seems like the partition 0,2,8 are sharing the same part of the
disk.  How is this possible?

Hua-Ying