It's clear from some threads on this list that it IS possible to roll back a zpool to a previous state, and I seem to even remember reading someone was working on a tool or tools in that direction. Is that correct, is it possible to manually roll back a zpool for crash recovery purposes, if you've got enough clue/knowledge/experience on your side in regards to the right tools?

And the follow up question - how do I learn how to do that? Is there documentation somewhere that instructs one on the tools used for low level ZFS troubleshooting and rollback, and how to come back from the land of crash-then-fail-to-import? Is it the troubleshooting document? I'm happy to get a RTFM - please just point me at the right manual or Sun doc too :)

Thanks!
Brian