On Mon, 27 Jul 2009, Marcelo Leal wrote:

Well, i'm trying to understand this workload, but what i'm seeing to reproduce this is just flood the SSD with writes, and the disks show no activity. I'm testing with aggr (two links), and for one or two seconds there is no read activity (output from server). Right now

In other situations we have noticed that writes take priority over reads in ZFS. When ZFS writes a TXG, reads go away for a little while. In most server situations, we do want writes to take precedence. If synchronous writes don't take precedence then writers of important updates may be blocked due to many readers trying to access those important updates.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn