On 27-Jul-09, at 13:54 , Chris Ridd wrote:
i was under the impression it was virtualbox and it's default setting that ignored the command, not the hard drive

Do other virtualization products (eg VMware, Parallels, Virtual PC) have the same default behaviour as VirtualBox?

I've a suspicion they all behave similarly dangerously, but actual data would be useful.

Also, I think it may have already been posted, but I haven't found the option to disable VirtualBox' disk cache. Anyone have the incantation handy?

Thanks,

Adam Sherman
CTO, Versature Corp.
Tel: +1.877.498.3772 x113