Hi Dick,

The Solaris 10 volume management service is volfs.

If you attach the USB hard disk and run volcheck, the disk should
be mounted under the /rmdisk directory.

If the auto-mounting doesn't occur, you can disable volfs and mount
it manually.

You can read more about this feature here:

http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/817-5093/medaccess-29267?a=view

Cindy