> On Fri, 31 Jul 2009, Brian wrote:
>
> > I must say this thread has also damaged the view I
> have of ZFS.
> > Ive been considering just getting a Raid 5
> controller and going the
> > linux route I had planned on.
>
> Thankfully, the zfs users who have never lost a pool
> do not spend much
> time posting about their excitement at never losing a
> pool.
> Otherwise this list would be even more overwelming.
>
> I have not yet lost a pool, and this includes the one
> built on USB
> drives which might be ignoring cache sync requests.
>
> Bob
> --
> Bob Friesenhahn
> bfrie...@simple.dallas.tx.us,
> http://www.simplesystems.org/users/bfriesen/
> GraphicsMagick Maintainer,
>    http://www.GraphicsMagick.org/
> ss

Yes you are right, I spoke irrationally.  I still intend to try it out at least
for a period of time to see what I think.  ill put it through the standard
tests and such.  However I am having trouble getting my motherboard to
recognize 4 of the hard drives I picked ( I made a post about it in the storage
forum).  Once thats finished ill get this testing underway