On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 12:46 AM, roland<no-re...@opensolaris.org> wrote:
> Hello !
>
> How can i export a filesystem /export1 so that sub-filesystems within that
> filesystems will be available and usable on the client side without
> additional "mount/share effort" ?
>
> this is possible with linux nfsd and i wonder how this can be done with
> solaris nfs.
>
> i`d like to use /export1 as datastore for ESX and create zfs sub-filesystems
> for each VM in that datastore, for better snapshot handling.

If you do "zfs set sharenfs=on yourpool/yourfilesystem/export", then
all the file systems created under yourpool/yourfilesystem/export will
inherit this (sharenfs) property and will be shared automagically as
they are created. Try to create a couple of such filesystems and then
run "zfs get sharenfs" - you'll see what I mean.

--
Regards,
        Cyril