On 6 aug 2009, at 23.52, Bob Friesenhahn <bfrie...@simple.dallas.tx.us> wrote:
I still have not seen any formal announcement from Sun regarding deduplication. Everything has been based on remarks from code developers.

To be fair, the official "what's new" document for 2009.06 states that dedup will be part of the next OSOL release in 2010. Or at least that we should "look out" for it ;) "We're already looking forward to the next release due in 2010. Look out for great new features like an interactive installation for SPARC, the ability to install packages directly from the repository during the install, offline IPS support, a new version of the GNOME desktop, ZFS deduplication and user quotas, cloud integration and plenty more! As always, you can follow active development by adding the dev/ repository."

Henrik
http://sparcv9.blogspot.com