On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 04:53:20AM -0700, Sascha wrote:
> confirmed, it's really an EFI Label. (see below)
>
>    format> label
>    [0] SMI Label
>    [1] EFI Label
>    Specify Label type[1]: 0
>    Warning: This disk has an EFI label. Changing to SMI label will erase all
>    current partitions.
>
> BTW: Is there a smarter way to find out what Label is in place ?

Take a look at partitions.  If you have 0-7 or 0-15, you have an SMI
label.  If you have 0-6 and 8 (7 is skipped), then you have an EFI
label.

> > Hmm, you've skipped the partitioning step (which
> > should be done after
> > applying the new label).
>
> Yes I skipped it, because I had no choice to choose the whole size.
> There was only partition 0 and 8.
> Even if select 0, delete the slice and newly errect it, it has the same size.
> Also the number of disk sectors did not change and slice 8 has still it's
> starting cylinder at the "old" end of the disk (See below)
>
>   format> label
>   [0] SMI Label
>   [1] EFI Label
>   Specify Label type[1]:
>   Ready to label disk, continue? yes
>
>  partition> p
>  Current partition table (original):
>  Total disk sectors available: 146784222 + 16384 (reserved sectors)
>
>  Part      Tag    Flag     First Sector         Size         Last Sector
>    0        usr    wm               256       69.99GB          146784222

Okay, you had done that, you just hadn't confirmed that in the first
email.

Assuming the first sector is the same before and after, this should all
be correct.

Can you do zdb -l <diskname> after the resize?  Do you get any data?

--
Darren