Hi
What does boot -L show you?

Enda

On 08/28/09 15:59, cindy.swearin...@sun.com wrote:
Hi Grant,

I've had no more luck researching this, mostly because the error message can mean different things in different scenarios.

I did try to reproduce it and I can't.

I noticed you are booting using boot -s, which I think means the system will boot from the default boot disk, not the newly added disk.

Can you boot from the secondary boot disk directly by using the boot
path? On my 280r system, I would boot from the secondary disk like this:

ok boot /p...@8,600000/SUNW,q...@4/f...@0,0/d...@0,0

Cindy

On 08/27/09 23:54, Grant Lowe wrote:
Hi Cindy,

I tried booting from DVD but nothing showed up. Thanks for the ideas, though. Maybe your other sources might have something?

----- Original Message ----
From: Cindy Swearingen <cindy.swearin...@sun.com>
To: Grant Lowe <gl...@sbcglobal.net>
Cc: zfs-discuss@opensolaris.org
Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2009 6:24:00 PM
Subject: Re: [zfs-discuss] Boot error

Hi Grant,

I don't have all my usual resources at the moment, but I would boot from alternate media and use the format utility to check the partitioning on newly added disk, and look for something like overlapping partitions. Or, possibly, a mismatch between
the actual root slice and the one you are trying to boot from.

Cindy