Yeah I wrote them about it. I said they should sell them and even better pair it with their offsite backup service kind of like a massive appliance and service option.

They're not selling them but did encourage me to just make a copy of it. It looks like the only questionable piece in it is the port multipliers. Sil3726 if I recall. Which I think just barely is becoming supported in the most recent snvs? That's been something I've been wanting forever anyway.

You could also just design your own case that is optimized for a bunch of disks, a mobo as long as it has ECC support and enough pci/pci-x/ pcie slots for the amount of cards to add. You might be able to build one without port multipliers and just use a bunch of 8, 12, or 16 port sata controllers.

I want to design a case that has two layers - an internal layer with all the drives and guts and an external layer that pushes air around it to exhaust it quietly and has additional noise dampening...

Sent from my iPhone