"100% random writes produce around 200 IOPS with a 4-6 second pause
        around every 10 seconds. "

This indicates that the bandwidth you're able to transfer
through the protocol is about 50% greater than the bandwidth
the pool can offer to ZFS. Since, this is is not sustainable, you
see here ZFS trying to balance the 2 numbers.

-r