Piero Gramenzi wrote:
Hi,

I do have a disk array that is providing striped LUNs to my Solaris box. Hence
I'd like to simply concat those LUNs without adding another layer of striping.

Is this possibile with ZFS?

As far as I understood, if I use

    zpool create myPool lun-1 lun-2 ... lun-n

I will get a RAID0 striping where each data block is split across all "n" LUNs.

Individual ZFS blocks don't span a vdev (lun in your case) they are on one disk or another. ZFS will stripe blocks across all available top level vdevs, and as additional top level vdevs are added it will attempt
to rebalance as new writes come in.

If that's correct, is there a way to avoid that and get ZFS to write
sequentially on the LUNs that are part of myPool?

Why do you want to do that ? What do you actually think it gives you, other than possibly *worse* performance ?

--
Darren J Moffat