Is there any reason why an iscsi disk could not be used
to extend an rpool? It would be pretty amazing if it
could but I thought I'd try it anyway :-)

The 20GB disk I am using to try ZFS booting on SPARC
ran out of space doing an image update to snv122, so I
thought I'd try extending it with an iscsi disk on the
data pool (same machine, different disks).

After formatting the disk with an SMI label, trying to
add the new disk results in

# zpool add rpool c4t600144F04AA7AA680000000000000000d0
cannot label 'c4t600144F04AA7AA680000000000000000d0': EFI labeled devices are
not supported on root pools.
#

Should it be possible to do this (SPARC snv103), and if so,
how to make it work? Use a different iscsi host maybe?
Perhaps I should have used a plain file, or could it be
impossible? Maybe I should split the UFS boot mirror and try
this on one of those disks instead :-(

Separately, I have succeeded in using an iscsi disk (same
hardware) as a ZFS disk in an AMD64 Virtualbox, so it is
possible, although /var/adm/messages is full of messages
like this:

Corrupt label; wrong magic number

even though the disk works just fine in the VM.

Any hints much appreciated

Thanks -- Frank