All,

IHAC that is asking the following...reviewing the following document

http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/817-2271/6mhupg6nc

it appears it may not for the parent setting will transcend downwards to the child

Can anyone elaborate if this is correct or not..

Thanks

Peter

the question is regarding to filesystem hierarchy and quota and refquota usage.

tank/apps    will be mounted as /apps  -- need to be set with 10G
tank/apps/data1 will need to be mount as /apps/data1, need to be set with 20G alone.

The question is:
If refquota is being used to set the filesystem sizes on /apps and /apps/data1. /apps/data1 will not be inheriting the quota from /apps. In other words, /apps/data1 will have full 20G usable disk space and /apps will have 10G usable disk space. /apps/data1 will not be inherting disk space from /apps.

--
Peter Wilk
Technical Support Engineer

Email: peter.w...@sun.com
Phone: 1-800-USA-4SUN
My Working Hours : 8am-4pm EST, Monday 9am-5pm EST, Tuesday-Friday
My Manager's Email: dawn.b...@sun.com
TO REACH THE NEXT AVAILABLE ENGINEER:
1. Call 1-800-USA-4SUN choose opt 2 and enter your case number.
2. Wait for my voice mail message to begin.
3. Press "0" during my message to reach the next available engineer.
4. You will hear hold music until the next engineer answers.
Submit, check and update tickets at http://www.sun.com/osc