I may have missed something in the docs, but if I have a file in one FS, and want to move it to another FS (assuming both filesystems are on the same ZFS pool), is there a way to do it outside of the standard mv/cp/rsync commands? For example, I have a pool with my home directory as a FS, and I have another FS with ISOs. I download an ISO of an OpenSolaris DVD (say, 3GB), but it goes into my home directory. Since ZFS is all about pools and shared storage, it seems like it would be natural to move the file vi a 'zfs' command, rather mv/cp/etc...

On a related(?) note, is there a way to split an existing filesystem? To use the example above, let's say I have an ISO directory in my home directory, but it's getting big, plus I'd like to share it out on my network. Is there a way to split my home directory's FS, so that the ISO directory becomes its own FS?

Paul Archer