Hi Ron,

Any reason why you want to use slices except for the root pool?

I would recommend a 4-disk configuration like this:

mirrored root pool on c1t0d0s0 and c2t0d0s0
mirrored app pool on c1t1d0 and c2t1d0

Let the install use one big slice for each disk in the mirrored root
pool, which is required for booting and whole disks for the app pool.
Other than for the root pool, slices are not required.

In the future, you can attach/add more disks to the app pool and/or
replace with larger disks in either pool.

Any additional administration, such as trying to expand a slice (you
can't expand an existing slice under a live pool) or reconfiguration
is much easier without having to muck with slices.

Cindy