Other than how to turn these features on and off, only so much
performance related info can be shoe horned into a man page.

You might check out these blogs:

http://blogs.sun.com/roch/entry/people_ask_where_are_we
See the direct I/O section

http://blogs.sun.com/bobn/entry/what_s_new_in_solaris

These are just brief reviews though.

I would like to see more information about how to use these
parameters.

Cindy