Hi,

I hope someone can help or at least point me in the right direction with a
problem I am having.

I have a 4 disk ZFS stripe set. It was supposed to be RAIDZ but I messed up and
have only just noticed.
One of the disks has developed a read error so I have stuck a new drive in and
run

zpool replace data c3t1d0 c3t5d0

This all ran fine for a couple of hours until the resilver hit 82%. dmesg now
shows 4 errors occuring on the drive which are all listed as Retryable.
It now appears that the resilver has stalled. Running zpool status gets as far
as scrub: resilver in progress but stops before showing the disks in the pool.
The zpool status process is now unkillable.

If it makes any difference the machine is a Supermicro with an 8 port SATA card
using the Marvel chip which I think is used in some of the Sun machines.

Is there anything I can do to tell the system to just carry on with the next
blocks?

Obviously I expect to loose some files here where the bad blocks are. What I
was expecting though was that the resilver would carry on copying everything
possible onto the new drive. Not just lock up dead!

Thanks

David