Frank Cusack wrote:
On October 19, 2009 9:53:14 AM +1300 Trevor Pretty <trevor_pre...@eagle.co.nz> wrote:
Frank

I've been looking into:-
http://www.nexenta.com/corp/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogsection
&id=4&Itemid=128

Thanks!  I *thought* there was a Nexenta solution but a google search
didn't turn anything up for me.  I'll definitely be looking into this.
The high level documentation is pretty weak, I guess I have to dig in.
But while I have the attention of this list, does NexentaStor "natively"
support AFP and "bonjour" or can I just add that myself?

You can add this yourself via NMS plugin. The developers portal explains API and provides examples on how this can be done:

http://www.nexentastor.org/

The Plugin API documentation collected here:

http://www.nexentastor.org/projects/site/wiki/PluginAPI

I think the closest example to follow would be Amanda Client:

http://www.nexentastor.org/projects/amanda-client/repository

Or UPS integration plugin:

http://www.nexentastor.org/projects/ups/repository

The plugin then can be uploaded into NexentaStor public repository and will be available to everyone who wants to use AFP sharing protocol.