I've had a case open for a while (SR #66210171) regarding the inability to
import a pool whose log device failed while the pool was off line.

I was told this was CR #6343667, which was supposedly fixed in patches
141444-09/141445-09. However, I recently upgraded a system to U8 which
includes that kernel patch, and still am unable to import a pool with a
failed log device:

r...@ike ~ # zpool import
  pool: export
    id: 4066329346842580031
 state: UNAVAIL
status: One or more devices are missing from the system.
action: The pool cannot be imported. Attach the missing
        devices and try again.
   see: http://www.sun.com/msg/ZFS-8000-6X
config:

        export      UNAVAIL  missing device
          mirror    ONLINE
            c0t0d0  ONLINE
            c1t0d0  ONLINE
[...]
        Additional devices are known to be part of this pool, though their
        exact configuration cannot be determined.

I have not as yet updated the pool to the new version included in U8, but I
was not told that was a prerequisite to availing of the fix.

Is this issue supposed to have been fixed by that CR, or did that resolve
some other issue and I was misinformed on my support ticket?

Any information appreciated, thanks...

--
Paul B. Henson  |  (909) 979-6361  |  http://www.csupomona.edu/~henson/
Operating Systems and Network Analyst  |  hen...@csupomona.edu