Would this be possible to implement ontop ZFS? Maybe it is a dumb idea, I dont
know. What do you think, and how to improve this?

Assume all files are put in the zpool, helter skelter. And then you can create
arbitrary different filters that shows you the files you want to see.

As of now, you have files in one directory structure. This makes the
organization of the files, hardcoded. You have /Movies/Action and that is it.
But if you had all movies in one large zpool, and if you could programmatically
define different structures that act as filters, you could have different
directory structures.

Programmatically defined directory structure1, that acts on the zpool:
/Movies/Action

Programmatically defined directory structure2:
/Movies/Actors/AlPacino

etc.

Maybe this is what MS WinFS was about? Maybe tag the files? Maybe a relational
database ontop ZFS? Maybe no directories at all? I dont know, just brain
storming. Is this is a dumb idea? Or old idea?