The controller connects to two disk shelves (expanders), one per port on the
card. If you look back in the thread, you'll see our zpool config has one vdev
per shelf. All of the disks are Western Digital (model WD1002FBYS-18A6B0) 1TB
7.2K, firmware rev. 03.00C06. Without actually matching up the disks with
"stuck" IOs, I am assuming they are all on the same vdev/shelf/controller port.

I communicated with LSI support directly regarding the v1.29 firmware update,