Hi,

Simple solution. I did, and it did, and things worked swell! Thanx for the assist.

I only wish the failure mode were a little easier to interpret... perhaps I'll try to file an RFE about that...

Jürgen Keil spake thusly, on or about 10/24/09 06:53:
I have a functional OpenSolaris x64 system on which I need to physically
move the boot disk, meaning its physical device path will change and
probably its cXdX name.

When I do this the system fails to boot....
How do I inform ZFS of the new path?
Do I need to boot from the LiveCD and then import the
pool from its new path?

Exactly.

Boot from the livecd with the disk connected on the
new physical path, and run "pfexec zpool import -f rpool",
followed by a reboot.

That'll update the zpool's label with the new physical
device path information.

--
Cheers,