Folks,
I've been reading Jeff Bonwick's fascinating dedup post. This is going to
sound like either the dumbest or the most obvious question ever asked, but,
if you don't know and can't produce meaningful RTFM results....ask...so here
goes:

Assuming you have a dataset in a zfs pool that's been deduplicated, with
pointers all nicely in place and so on.

Doesn't this mean that you're now always and forever tied to ZFS (and why
not? I'm certainly not saying that's a Bad Thing) because no other "wannabe
file system" will be able to read those ZFS pointers?

Or am I horribly misunderstanding the concept in some way?

Regards - and as always - TIA,
-Me