All;

I am deeply sorry if this topic has been rehashed, checksummed, de-duplicated and archived before.

But I just need a small clarification.

/etc/sfw/smb.conf is necessary only for smb/server to function properly but is smb/server SMF service necessary for ZFS sharesmb to work

I am trying to setup an open solaris file server acting as a Windows PDC with SAMBA/LDAP integration on the open solaris box. (with ZFS of course...)

I read a BLOG which says ZFS CIFS has nothing to do with smb/server but it seems i cannot get ZFS sharesmb to work without smb/server SMF service.

What exactly is the dependency here?

On a separate note, I've actually gotten the shares to work and also successfully gotten the Windows "Previous Version" tab relating to ZFS snapshots. It's awesome!

But now I'm facing a heck of a lot of problems getting SAMBA integrated with LDAP. (not this list i know..)

For any interested and willing to advice I am using Sun DSEE 7.0 and I'm facing a heck of a lot of problems with the LDAP DIT structure.

Warmest Regards
Steven Sim