Great news. Thanks for letting us know. Cindy

On 12/15/09 06:48, Cesare wrote:
Hy all,

after upgrade PowerPath (from 5.2 to 5.2 SP 2) and then retry commands
to create zpool, it was executed successfully:

--
r...@solaris10# zpool history
History for 'tank':

        NAME            STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        tank            ONLINE       0     0     0
          mirror        ONLINE       0     0     0
            emcpower7a  ONLINE       0     0     0
            emcpower5a  ONLINE       0     0     0
          mirror        ONLINE       0     0     0
            emcpower8a  ONLINE       0     0     0
            emcpower6a  ONLINE       0     0     0
          mirror        ONLINE       0     0     0
            emcpower1a  ONLINE       0     0     0
            emcpower3a  ONLINE       0     0     0
          mirror        ONLINE       0     0     0
            emcpower2a  ONLINE       0     0     0
            emcpower4a  ONLINE       0     0     0

errors: No known data errors
--

before PowerPath Version was 5.2.0.GA.b146, now 5.2.SP2.b012:

--
r...@solaris10# pkginfo -l EMCpower
   PKGINST:  EMCpower
      NAME:  EMC PowerPath (Patched with 5.2.SP2.b012)
  CATEGORY:  system
      ARCH:  sparc
   VERSION:  5.2.0_b146
   BASEDIR:  /opt
    VENDOR:  EMC Corporation
    PSTAMP:  beavis951018123443
  INSTDATE:  Dec 15 2009 12:53
    STATUS:  completely installed
     FILES:      339 installed pathnames
                  42 directories
                 123 executables
              199365 blocks used (approx)
--

So the SP2 incorporated the fix about PowerPath and ZFS using pseudo
emcpower device.

Cesare

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 9:12 PM, Cindy Swearingen