Yes, a coworker lost a second disk during a rebuild of a raid5 and lost all
data. I have not had a failure, however when migrating EqualLogic arrays in and
out of pools, I lost a disk on an array. No data loss, but it concerns me
because during the moves, you are essentially reading and writing all of the
data on the disk. Did I have a latent problem on that particular disk that only
exposed itself when doing such a large read/write? What if another disk had
failed, and during the rebuild this latent problem was exposed? Trouble,
trouble.

They say security is an onion. So is data protection.

Scott