erik.trim...@sun.com said:
> The suggestion was to make the SSD on each machine an iSCSI volume, and  add
> the two volumes as a mirrored ZIL into the zpool.

I've mentioned the following before....

For a poor-person's slog which gives decent NFS performance, we have had
good results with allocating a slice on (e.g.) an X4150's internal disk,
behind the internal Adaptec RAID controller.  Said controller has only
256MB of NVRAM, but it made a big difference with NFS performance (look
for the "tar unpack" results at the bottom of the page):

        http://acc.ohsu.edu/~hakansom/j4400_bench.html

You can always replace them when funding for your Zeus SSD's comes in (:-).

Regards,

--
Marion Hakanson <hakan...@ohsu.edu>
OHSU Advanced Computing Center